- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Any
- Qualifications Not Specified
Block by Block Creative builds stories, creates content, and designs social media strategies for non-profits, NGOs and other mission-driven organizations. We now seek a social media manager to help us grow and manage our online community and make sure we’re on the cutting edge of storytelling to reach new audiences.
We want someone who can help us build the voice of our fledgeling channels on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn (and others.) Someone who can set goals, follow through and report back on what’s working and what’s not. Someone who wants to try new things, test out new tech, and can find the perfect GIF for the moment.
Most importantly, our social media manager will not be happy in this gig without an interest and passion for the progressive issues our clients work on including reform of the criminal justice system, forest conservation, education equity, disability rights, and more.
This is a contract position for six months, beginning in July 2019. The social media manager will work up to 10 hours per week at $20/hr. Scheduling around other gigs, school, parenting, etc is a-okay.
We prefer a social media manager located near us in the Seattle area for occasional in person meetings, but open to the perfect candidate from anywhere in the USA.
- Must be open-minded, willing to learn and hard-working.
- Solid English writing skills
- 1-3 years managing social media for a business, non-profit or other organizations full or part time.
- Knowledge of and/or willing to learn online platforms including Google G-Suite, Wix, SquareSpace, Slack, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Hootsuite.
- Reliable computer, access to reliable internet.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Did we mention open-minded, willing to learn and hard-working?
Duties May Include
- Collaborating on social media strategy and goals.
- Contributing to client consultations about their social media strategy.
- Running paid and earned social promotions and tracking results.
- Finding existing content for posting.
- Writing – lots of writing.
- Daily management of social media channels.