- Experience 10 Years
- Gender Any
- Qualifications Not Specified
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
- Work with technical product leads to design and deliver solutions that optimize use of product data.
- Ability to lead complex discussions and engagements that may involve multiple project teams from PayPal and our partner organizations.
- Construct and maintain business and technical architecture models that lever industry standards and use cases to create operating efficiency.
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to development teams.
- Oversee technical project delivery process to ensure alignment and consistency with sound architecture principles.
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery.
- Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external capabilities of the platform.
- Work closely with internal teams including compliance, privacy, risk, information security, support and operations to ensure all business requirements are considered in the design process.
- Ensure engineering team implements optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best practices.
- Capture and communicate experiences in formal post-mortem, feeding lessons learned, best practices and resources back into the engineering team.
- Participate in the development of architectures, strategies, and policies around data governance; including master data management, metadata management, data quality and data profiling.
- 10+ years’ experience building large scalable financial technology platforms
- Passion for solving business problems with data.
- Experience in architecture, design and implementation of Financial Systems/Platforms such as Core Banking, Back-end Payment Hubs, Financial reconciliation and reporting, Treasury, Tax, FP&A, etc.
- Experience in Payments, FinTech, Financial Services industry is required.
- Expertise in designing for reliability, availability, scalability and performance in highly regulated Financial Services industry preferred.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.