- Offered Salary (in USD) 25000
- Gender Any
- Qualifications Certificate
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, flexible work hours and Friday bagels!
As the Sr. Fine Jewelry & Watches Specialist, you will oversee the facilitation of all Fine Jewelry & Watches (FJW) to optimize product quotas by performing the following duties. This is a production based role.
This position is based in Brisbane, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute all aspects of the authentication process by accurately identifying colored stones and diamonds using GIA evaluation techniques as well as testing procedures used to determine precious metal purity.
- Research fair market value and market demand of branded jewelry and watches.
- Set list prices for branded and unbranded jewelry with direction and final approval from the Gemologist and/or Horologist.
- Train all new Sr. specialists and Specialists hired.
- QC product from Specialists when being challenged on harder pieces.
- Help manage the product sort on all received items.
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure all consignments are prioritized and product flows according to plan.
- Manage process flow of items awaiting price approvals.
- Evaluate, authenticate and price a minimum of 30 pieces per day, making sure these are some of the hardest to evaluate within the FJW room (larger gemstones, engagement rings).
- Help facilitate interviews.
- Gem identification experts to answer any questions for the rest of the team.
- Provide training, tips/tricks, and presentations on all difficult gemstones.
- GG certification required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.