Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Industry Graphics Designing
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
You will be working alongside experienced EIA, Environmental Management, GIS, Archaeology and Built Heritage, Transport Planning, ecology, hydrology and site investigation experts within the Glasgow office and wider business. In leading the landscape business locally, you will be required to take an active role in business development, practice promotion and work winning, helping us to expand our client base and landscape service offering in Scotland.
A key aspect of the role will be to undertake Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments, following best practice industry guidelines, for a wide range of development types including: mixed use and residential schemes; wind farms; power stations; gas and oil facilities; rail; overhead power lines and electrical substations. The role will include field work in both urban and rural situations across the UK, and occasionally overseas.
We are seeking candidates with a passion and flair for written and graphic communication, and who have a keen interest in the latest techniques and software for presenting and communicating assessment and design information. Interest from candidates with particular experience in energy projects (onshore / offshore renewables, overhead lines) rail, or road is welcomed.
Skills and experience
To fulfil this role, candidates will ideally have the following skills or experience:
• Post Graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning or Landscape Management;
• Excellent graphical presentation and communication skills;
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Strong organisational skills;
• Business development and practice promotion;
• Preparing fee proposals;
• P2C Mentoring experience;
• AutoCAD or other CAD packages, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup;
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Full clean driving licence.