- Gender Any
- Qualifications Certificate
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
This position is based in Brisbane, CA and will report to the Manager of Fine Jewelry & Watches. Employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, a lunch stipend, free bagels once a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, and monthly free events with snacks and other giveaways!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute all aspects of the authentication process by accurately identifying colored stones and diamonds using GIA evaluation techniques as well as testing procedures used to determine the precious metal purity
- Set list prices for branded and unbranded jewelry with direction and final approval from Team Lead and FJ/W Experts
- Research fair market value and market demand of branded jewelry and watches
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure all consignments are prioritized and product flows according to plan
- Evaluate, authenticate and price a minimum of 50 pieces per day
- Manage process flow of items awaiting price approval
- Communicate directly with the FJW photographer as well as Editing Lead, keeping them informed on any complications, confusion points, requests, etc.
- GIA certification preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Ability to stand; walk and sit
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs
- Vision abilities required include close vision and color vision
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.