- Offered Salary (in USD) 25000
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Any
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. We are currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online); CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod “Stay Tuned”); and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.Fresh off our latest funding round, we are accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build iconic brands that connect with millions every day.
Built for the social, mobile millennial mom, Scary Mommy starts conversations with the most shared parenting content online. From the hilarious to the heartfelt, Scary Mommy celebrates imperfect parenting.
Scary Mommy is the #1 mom property online – reaching over 100 million unique people monthly on social and generating over 1.5 billion brand impressions. Scary Mommy is now building out its video unit and looking for a video producer/editor to create killer video. We aim to be the very best at telling stories through video to connect with and mobilize moms on social media.
The ideal candidate is an original thinker, a playful, hyper-collaborative type, and just plain scrappy and can-do. Candidates must be able to write, shoot and edit, taking an idea from concept to delivery. Must also have a passion for video/graphics social media distribution.
- Plan and direct fun and engaging content, across multiple platforms
- Work with director to determine creative feel for shoots
- Act as the primary cinematographer and camera operator for all shoots
- Able to assemble & manage crew
- Find and scout locations – assessing potential obstacles and issues that could arise
- Instruct crew of camera setups, angles, movement, lighting for shoot
- Ability to mic talent and monitor audio
- Media management of digital video files.
- At least 3 years of experience shooting and editing video for an online or social brand with a proven track record of creating shareable videos
- Strong understanding of and experience with digital video cameras (FS7, C300, etc) lighting, sound, and production equipment
- Ability to make something out of nothing
- Deep knowledge of current platforms, including YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and Snapchat
- Degree in TV/Film production or related field a plus
- Skills at editing a plus
- Passionate about storytelling and making things look beautiful
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Track video trends across social media and the web at large
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media and project management software
- Good vibes and plays nice with others